The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few aquariums a decade ago, and have never had a planted tank. I am making the plunge with a 90g high tech tank. Right now I am trying to figure out my CO2. I have all the equipment, but when my steel tanks got hydro tested the guy noticed there is rust inside. A few people have told me not to worry about this, but I would love some more opinions. So... how worried should I be? To get new aluminum tanks costs me about $250 for a 5 lbs (I am in Northern Canada, so shipping and import sucks). I would love to avoid that if I can, but at the same time am willing to spend the money for a healthy tank.

Bump:

·
Registered
588 Posts
If the tank is structurally sound I wouldn't anticipate problems. There is no way any rust will make it out of the tank, through the regulator, solenoid, tubing, and bubble counter. Frankly I don't even see how rust could levitate itself out of the container even if it was flaking off (highly unlikely, you probably just have surface rust).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.