The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the XXI century now .......

So we are in the space age no? :p

...not so much in the space like in the past century..... but still there ....this how they call it ;) ...

LOL!

"Warp one, ENGAGE!"
:bounce:
this is what i found:

What you think?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but... but ... that will be our future? we will go hightech... steampower fishes? ... droid snails? .... cyborg shrimps? ... bio jello plants?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm so confused. What does this do?

On the Twinstar website, it's called a sterilizer, but in the video, it looks like a CO2 injector.

o_O

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Found a web site with english translation:

http://www.twinstar.kr/english/gallery/twinstar_design.htm

The translation says that it prevents algae/moss - I hope the 'moss' is just due to engrish translation :)

Doesn't say specifically, but kinda looks like an ultrasonic generator (like in a room humidifier) . Not sure why ultrasonics in your tank woul dbe good - maybe you can clean your jewelry in with your fish?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am trying to think about the applications. Not sure how it would prevent algae? Might be interesting for Ripariums and such right near the surface for the fog effect. I don't know salt water, would it do anything productive in a reef tank? Would this actually pull oxygen or CO2 out of the water since you are not injecting? If the ultrasonic is bad for algae spores would it also nuke beneficial micro fauna?

One of us will test it out if it is not happening already. :)

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
There's no specs on how it works so who knows.

It's probably running an electrical current through water, release a fine mist of Hydrogen. I guess that would kill spores at that area where the pad is but is it effective in the whole tank? maybe not.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So who needs it if is only a cool effect decoration gizmo with algae removal sideeffect???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Found a web site with english translation:

http://www.twinstar.kr/english/gallery/twinstar_design.htm

The translation says that it prevents algae/moss - I hope the 'moss' is just due to engrish translation :)

Doesn't say specifically, but kinda looks like an ultrasonic generator (like in a room humidifier) . Not sure why ultrasonics in your tank woul dbe good - maybe you can clean your jewelry in with your fish?
lol ENGRISH. ooo herrow prease.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Electrolysis, ozone generator, ultrasonic, technology from an alien spacecraft...who knows.

Two definitions I do know,

Snake Oil = Describing a new "revolutionary" product by incorrectly using high tech wording to prey on people who don't understand them. Eco-Aqualizer ring a bell?

Snake Oil = Displaying "space age" looking products without supplying any supporting evidence to how the product works. hmmm

·
Registered
542 Posts
there's an interesting thread on the ukaps.org about this, read the later few threads where some of the members are experimenting with this product with some success

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/twinstar-what-is-it.28335/

they're starting to sell this at one of my lfs, looks interesting, but for my own aquarium I don't have those algae problems except for the occasional bba on my intake and outtake of my filters

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds like it might have some valid benefits. Still not sure about it though for the cost. I would like to see some more reports from our more experienced keepers or actually tests that are a bit more conclusive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts