The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Can any Houstonians recommend the best fish stores in town for me? I know which ones I liked the most but I've misplaced my list of stores and dont remember the names or addresses. Thanks.

I am for sure checking out the Fish Gallery!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was hoping for at least 1 reply. I checked out City Pets, Aquarium World, The Fish Gallery, and another little shop I forgot the name of. City Pets is the best so far. Fish Gallery was a big disappointment to me. Not sure about their obsession with african cichlids. 80% of the display tanks were mainly africans with some mixed south american cichlids and barbs. Did see a cool aquatic turtle, though.

Was hoping to see some more nice ones but not sure if that'll happen.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Was hoping for at least 1 reply. I checked out City Pets, Aquarium World, The Fish Gallery, and another little shop I forgot the name of. City Pets is the best so far. Fish Gallery was a big disappointment to me. Not sure about their obsession with african cichlids. 80% of the display tanks were mainly africans with some mixed south american cichlids and barbs. Did see a cool aquatic turtle, though.

Was hoping to see some more nice ones but not sure if that'll happen.
Last time I was in Houston city pets and Aquarium world were the stores I went to. Those two stores are nice, but I'm sure as big as the city is there has to be more. I would like to visit them again but I'm in the military now and unable to.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I tried to check out the ADG shop but they turned me away. That was the one I was most excited to see.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
City Pets had blue rili shrimp for $9.99... Shouldnt have passed it up. Went back today and they were ALL gone >_<

·
Registered
22 Posts
+1 on city pets. Love that place.

Check out houstonfishbox.com. tons of local resources.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy I talked to on the phone said there was nothing to see because the store was empty and wasnt ready to visitors. I asked to talk to Frank as he was the one who told me to stop by when I was in town but didnt get a call.

Got to see City Pets, though! Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lol that guy told you that? Yeah some of the people they have working for them are pretty [censored][censored][censored][censored]ty. I called about a skimmer and reef ready tank...long story short, i never got a call back.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I've inquired at ADG a couple of times about various items. I have never once received a call back after leaving a message with someone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts