The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are having out August meeting on the 27th at Star Pizza on Norfolk (Near 59 and Shepherd). Here is the website with address and directions:
http://starpizza.net/norfolk

We will meet at 1:00pm on the patio and then meet/eat (lunch is on your own, not provided by the club this time) and have plant swaps.

Discussion will be the benefits and limits of low lighting.

-Dave
Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would be really interested in some meets. I am from the Beaumont area and I am new to the hobby and the resources in this are are scarce to say the least so I would hope to make my way into the Houston area and meet some people with the same hobby.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So sorry I forgot to mention the date!! :icon_lol: It's August 27th. ( I added the date to the oringinal post now. )

Our meetings are normally on the 4th Saturday of the month at 1:00 pm and location varies.

We have a club sub-forum on Houston Fish Box that we try to keep updated and you can also find us on Facebook as "Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society". Our facebook page mostly has hobby updates, trends, news, etc...but we do try to keep up with meeting announcements as well there. Our club "By-Laws" and "Constitution" are also recorded there.

Hope to see some new faces at the meeting on the 27th! :biggrin:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something else I forgot to mention: If you would like to join, membership dues are $10. You do not have to pay dues or join at your first meeting. If you attend a second meeting, we ask that you join and pay dues at that time.

I have some Nesaea triflora stems that I'll bring to the plant swap, and there will be some Anubias there as well. I also have a large Amazon Sword, I can bring if someone needs it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THIS SATURDAY, Sept 24th, We will have the September meeting at Kevin's house.
PM Kevin for his address/directions (kwc1974...if you can't find him on TPT, try Houston Fish Box or APC...or PM me and I'll get you the address).

Also, don't forget our plant swap. I'll be bringing some hardscape stuff as well.

Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions for topics they'd like to have covered at future meetings, please share.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.