The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded for some fissidens to grow out for my 4 new 40b shrimp tanks. Luckily I put it into a tupperware in tap water for a bit before adding it to my tanks because right away I noticed planaria (flatworms) swimming around in it.
I was wondering what I could use, if anything, around my house to sterilize this tupperware full of moss before adding it? I know there are specific products targeted at killing worms, but can I use something like bleach water mixture? or H2O2, or excell, or algae control stuf that says not to use it with inverts etc? Id like to not have to buy another product, but I do want to kill these guys dead, and not make green fissidens soup...
The algae control stuff I have has a active ingredent of Poly [Oxyethlene (Dimethylimino) Ethylene (Dimethyliminio) Ethylene Dichlorid] just dont want it to nuke the moss..

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I dosed my tank that had some planaria and hydra last night for a 2nd dose in 3 days of Safeguard and every weird worm I have seen came out of the sponge filter, gravel etc. I must have sucked up about 30 with a turkey baster, so I know in addition to planaria and hydra it will kill or really piss off any other type of worm in the tank. lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.