The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm breeding Peacock and Tuxedo Endler's Livebearers in my 10gal tank. Once the male fry start showing color, I move them to my 29gal planted tank, and when I have enough males I will trade or sell them.

I noticed that the Endler's Males will regularly display, pursue, and try to mate with a community fish that resemble an Endler's Female, which in my case, are my Blue/Black Royal Emperor Tetras.

At first I though it was amusing, but then this morning I found an Emperor Tetra and one Endler's Male flipping around on my carpet, so obviously one was hound dogging the other right up and out of my tank!

I really don't want to set up yet another fish tank just to isolate these horny Endler's males until I'm ready to part with them; so what should I do?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thats rather strange out of Endler's. I have 3 tanks with Endler's in them and thus far I have never seen any of the males chase any other fish up and out of the water.

Stupid Question Time!!

Don't you have a lid??

·
Registered
189 Posts
spypet, I'll buy some endlers from you when you put them up for sale.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had one that regularly tried to rape a female cockatoo cichlid.Much to her mates displeasure.Also the last endlers I had left were a trio of 2 females and 1 male and the male did the same thing as I found the females dried up on the floor one day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.