The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the lighting Guru, what are your thoughts about lighting for a commercial operation?

I assume my question should be, in your opinion, what fixture/bulb combination would provide the most lumins (10" water) per $, and be cost effective ?

g

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
As the lighting Guru, what are your thoughts about lighting for a commercial operation?
I assume my question should be, in your opinion, what fixture/bulb combination would provide the most lumins (10" water) per $, and be cost effective ?
g
For a business operation, standard off the shelf lighting is what your municipality and insurance carrier will allow you to use.
T5 is currently your best option.

Forget lumins, lumens, lux, and any other measure designed for human eyes, except as perceived from the outside of the tank looking in.

·
Registered
529 Posts
dbosman .......... T5HO over 10-12" of H2O? I guess it depends on the plant, right?
There's T5NO (normal output) as well.

What is the commercial application? Is it for growing plants, or holding them for resale, or ? And when you say 10-12" or water, are you talking just the standard 10-gallon and 20-gallon long displays? Trying to conceptualize what you're thinking about.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
A commercial operation? That could be ceiling lights, or lights sitting on fish display tanks, or lights used to grow aquatic plants, sitting on the tanks, or suspended high above the tanks, etc. Actually, it could be jewelry store lighting. Perhaps more information is needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.