The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just hooked up my pressurized co2 system started at 1 bubble per second. and that seemed to be to much. ok quick insite on wut i have im getting ahead of myself. 1 20lb cylender with a 4 waymanifold and choice reg from gla (great btw) and its goin to 4 different tanks. so when i started after about 5-10 mins the fish started comming up for air so i wend down im now at 1 bubble per 20 sec or so. but the thing is that my 55 with the angles are fine the 40 with the goldfish are fine but the 35 and 29 no so much the new african bush fish i got are floating so i removed them and put them in the 55 where they seem to be recovering. and i have all spray bars pointed up to outgass asap. i have read that 1 bps is a good starting point so y did i have this problem?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
1bsp is not a lot. I'm surprised that your fish are having problems. Perhaps you have to ease your fish into it. It's odd though because when I bring new fish home they are fine. I have my 29g on about 4bps. I do have a lot of water movement. I also have a lot of plants in that tank so the O2 exchange rate of plants to water is high - I see a lot of pearling. I have panda cories and RCS and a few dither fish in there.

I think I have my 10g on 1-2bps. They are all fine too. I have CPD and pygmy cories and shrimp in there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
idk the tank they are in no fish is breathing hard but they still are i guess only time will tell

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well now im conflicted. they are breathing normal and acting normal. so the question is to leave them in the tank with the angels......or put them back in the other tank their home.?
sry im kinda useing this to talk to myself out loud kinda thing. lol i think im goin to give it an hour or so and put them back in their home it should be ok. i will watch them for a while before i go to bed and update yall tomorrow. ty tex gal!

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
When you started the CO2 there maybe was a high concentration of CO2 around the diffuser area and the fish freaked. Now that the CO2 is more spread out, they are fine now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you started the CO2 there maybe was a high concentration of CO2 around the diffuser area and the fish freaked. Now that the CO2 is more spread out, they are fine now.
u know i think ur right everything is peachy now. i think somehow there was an burst in the beginning that went in the defuser and over dosed the tank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts