The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone kept honeycombs (Centromochlus perugiae) in a CO2 tank before? I just turned on my CO2 today and they started breathing fast already. Are catfish in general more sensitive to CO2?

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
IME honeycomb cats are more sensitive to CO2 than most fish. When i had my 90G up, they were always the first to suffer when there was a CO2 overdose (if you want to even consider it an "overdose"). Just keep an eye on them. I always noticed that they wouldn't eat if the CO2 was too high, so that's how i judged whether to decrease it or not.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IME honeycomb cats are more sensitive to CO2 than most fish. When i had my 90G up, they were always the first to suffer when there was a CO2 overdose (if you want to even consider it an "overdose"). Just keep an eye on them. I always noticed that they wouldn't eat if the CO2 was too high, so that's how i judged whether to decrease it or not.
Alright, I just noticed that their gills were flapping rapidly. Hopefully it's just acclimation, as the CO2 wasn't really that high. Rummies were fine, they're just really scared.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts