The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today my manager and I put an order for fish together where I work.

Anyway, while looking through the availability list and marking what we need/ want. I saw they had honeycomb catfish!

We will be getting four in, I'll definitely be getting at least 2, but I'm tempted to get all four. :hihi:

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Honeycomb catfish are the best! I have 7 myself. They're very active during the night, but hide for the most part during the day. Feed them plenty of blood worms, but not too many because they'll eat whatever amount you give them. Mine literally get a huge stomach when I feed them blood worms because they don't stop eating. It looks like they're about to explode!

Wonderful fish, definitely my favorite... Highly recommend them to anyone if you can get ahold of a few.

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, I may just buy all four, because this is the first time I've seen them on our list in the year I've worked there. Don't want to miss out on the chance to get some! I feed a wide variety off foods. ( NLS pellet, Flake, Fish row, Beef heart, Live blackworms, Live redworms, Live adult brine....) So I'm pretty sure they will eat at least one of those. If not I will just grab some blood worms for them!

Thanks for the advuce, AzFishKid!

Do you have any pictures of your little guys by any chance?

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
He's so cute, the video was neat! I'm sold. All the Honeycombs will be mine! :cool:
Good choice! 4 is a nice group to start out with. :proud:
I'm on the hunt for Tatia gyrina and Tatia musaica, both of which are freaking adorable as well. Let me know if you ever come across any at your store.

Edit: Oh, also Centromochlus reticulatus. ;)

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to Planet Catfish:
Centromochlus perugiae (honeycomb) - 2.4" max
Centromochlus reticulatus - 1.1" max
Tatia gyrina - 2.8" max
Tatia musaica - 1.9" max
Nice, thanks for the info. I'll definitely be on the look out for the other species.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Well, just put them in there tank, and guess what...... they eat Hikari freeze dried spirulina brine shrimp cubes... and FLAKE. Already! Must be hungry!
Interesting... i just got mine to eat algae pellets a few days ago and they've showed a little bit of interest in flake foods, but no nibbles yet... guess mine are just spoiled with blood worms. :icon_roll

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting... i just got mine to eat algae pellets a few days ago and they've showed a little bit of interest in flake foods, but no nibbles yet... guess mine are just spoiled with blood worms. :icon_roll
Ha, don't worry. I'm sure mine will be spoiled with Live blackworms soon.... and blood worms as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.