The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I purchased two Honey Gourami from my local Petco on Monday and they were acting fine until last night. One of them spends all of his time either laying down on the substrate, or floating at the surface of the water. He’ll stay that way for a while, then swim around like nothing is wrong, then settle down in another spot and sit there, rinse and repeat. He also seems to be jittery when he moves, but is still when not moving.

Both of them seem interested in food but only nibble on what I give them, and usually spend most of the day grazing. Poop seems fine, it’s not white or stringy.

They both also have pinkish patches around their gills. Almost like an old scab might look. However the second Honey is acting normally.

Is this some kind of infection? I’ll try to post some photos.

Parameters are
78F
PH 7.0
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
10-20 nitrates
120 ppm GH/KH
Heavily planted tank. 20 gallon long. The two Honey Gourami, 8 Harlequin Rasboras, 7 Cherry Shrimp, 2 Amano, 1 Nerite.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
i know that honey gouramies are actually pretty shy if they're not kept in large enough groups (6+). I only learned this after i had already bought 2. They seemed to be doing fine (they were kept in a tank with some platies, neon tetras, otos, snails, and RCS) and pretty active. They stuck together most of the time. Then one died. And ever since then, it was much more shy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.