The Planted Tank Forum banner

Home Depot Leds

2463 3
I was in home Depot yesterday looking for led lights that would work on a planted tank. Has anyone used any of these. I have a 10 Gal betta and a 29 gal gbr tank. Both are moderately planted. Just trying to find something that won't break the bank or jack up my bill. Also looking into the led flood lights on Amazon or eBay. Does anyone recommend any certain brand. Links would be awesome. Thank you!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
i've had real good luck with LED bulbs with diffusers removed in shop light domes or Walmart clipon desklamps

Pic of my sons 20T with 2 Walmart Clipon

pic of what i'm talking about with the bulbs

those are buck a bulb LED bulbs from menards. 9 watts 950 lumens. I run them in my fish room. genreally 1watt a gallon works great for most of my tanks for good growth but no extreme algea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw those kind of lights yesterday, didn't realize that you could take it apart. I'll look into those again. I was kinda looking for something that the cats couldn't knock off. Lol. That's another problem I've been having.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.