The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was at the Home Depot today and found these lights.
For the cheap price, I thought they would be a good addition to my tank. But I don't know if I can stick them to the inside of my top cover.
Would the humidity and water be a problem?
Even if I made sure the connections were all outside of the tanks, and only the tape stayed inside?
It was the last pack they had there, so I would really like to know if I should buy it or not.
Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Weather they are any good or not I have no idea, what I do know is you can get them on fleebay for $16.00 (or less) with free shipping. I got some to add a little colour to my son's 29 gal tank, need to order the joiners so I can add multiple strips, order the waterproof roll and you don't have to worry about condensation.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that post, it made me search on Amazon for submersible led strips, and there seem to be some nice deals there!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I found some good deals on Amazon.
This one looks quite appealing.
But I've thought about this a little, and what if these waterproofing silicones are not aquarium safe and leach chemicals into the water?
Is this a real concern, or am I just over thinking it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.