The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was taking a nap when I here a loud PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that scared the crizzzzzap out of me. It was coming out of the regulator on my Co2 tank. It's circled in red. What happened?

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
That looks like the pressure relief valve on the CO2. Did you place the regulator onto the CO2 tank while it was still cold?

It is possible that the store overfilled the CO2 tank (slightly). If the pressure exceeds the set "safety" pressure on the regulator, it will release some gas by itself.

If your CO2 tank was cold when you attached the regulator, then as the gas warmed up, the pressure would increase, until it got to the point where the safety release mechanism on the regulator triggered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it a resettable thing or do I have to replace it?

That looks like the pressure relief valve on the CO2. Did you place the regulator onto the CO2 tank while it was still cold?

It is possible that the store overfilled the CO2 tank (slightly). If the pressure exceeds the set "safety" pressure on the regulator, it will release some gas by itself.

If your CO2 tank was cold when you attached the regulator, then as the gas warmed up, the pressure would increase, until it got to the point where the safety release mechanism on the regulator triggered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.