The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fair warning, guys- looks like the Holiday mail slowdown is in effect already. I'm on my 3rd package that was shipped out Mon or Tues that still isn't here. (Well, one of the 3 did arrive today that was shipped Priority on Monday- all DOA. :icon_frow Still waiting on 2 others that really should have been here no later than today...)

So just something to keep in mind if you're buying live, especially livestock.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i think once thanksgiving hits things start to slow down. luckly i only had one package DOA but it wasnt the slow down but a failed heat pack.

more people weigh in it becomes easier to tell how bad it is. though i have had packages take 5-6 days to show up only going 2 hours away in the middle of the year.

great warning just in case. its the reason why i go with 72 hour heat packs then 60 hours. the longer they can last the higher chance they make it safe.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
it's more like package overload to be more exact. The mail system is slowed down because of the massive overload. It's best to not order or ship out live animals during this time. Plants should be fine!

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yikes!

-Package from Texas mailed Priority on Monday, arrived today (bad).

-Package from Deltona, FL mailed Priority on Tuesday, arrived yesterday (not bad)

-Package from Ohio mailed Priority Monday morning, still isn't here (left Tampa today though)

-Package from NY mailed Monday, still not here, no clue *sigh*

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Busiest Day of the year for the USPS today!!

So yeah, try not to buy livestock guys.

Also, I was talking to my PO lady the other day about the SLOW mail in AZ she said it had to do with all the growth the state has had so fast and the USPS hasn't scaled up their facilities to keep up with the growth. I can't confirm or deny that as a fact so you can take it for what its worth but I thought it was interesting.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go to your PO to buy a book of stamps. There are dozens of other places you can buy them. I just saw half a dozen or so people wait 10+ mins to buy one book of stamps. I actually started laughing at one point and got strange looks from the people buying them...

So far, the only issue I had was sending some stuff to UT, in retrospect not the best idea. I'll probably be resending some later on in the year once it warms up.

-Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.