The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Could be a variety of issues.

What is your current lighting like (what kind of bulbs, how much), how long is your photoperiod, do you have CO2, what is your fertilization regime (if any) like, what are your current nutrient levels, and what kind of livestock do you have?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lighting is 1x65w power compact w/ 10,000K bulbs at about 8 hrs a day. I have DIY CO2. I don't use any fertz and I actually haven't checked my nutrient levels since I started the tank. Have about 6 neon tetras and 100+ cherry and tiger shrimp...this tank has been running for about 1 year and 2 months with the exact same setup...nothing has changed except noticeable holes in the anubias, java fern, amazon swords and sunset hygro...holes started showing up just recently...I read it could be Potassium deficiency??? any other ideas??? and how can I resolve the problem??? I've never used fertz before...I don't know where to get them or even how much to dose

Could be a variety of issues.

What is your current lighting like (what kind of bulbs, how much), how long is your photoperiod, do you have CO2, what is your fertilization regime (if any) like, what are your current nutrient levels, and what kind of livestock do you have?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I get that in my tank if I don't have enough potassium.

A good source of fertilizers is aquariumfertilizer.com. They sell them as dry powders that are pretty reasonably priced. Or you could also try Pfertz (don't know their website), but their liquid fertilizers are a bit more expensive--though cheaper I think than buying the little bottles of stuff you can get at places like Petsmart.

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Definitely sounds like a macronutrient deficiency to me. You have quite a bit of light over your tank to not be dosing both micro and macronutrients (NPKs).

You do not need to cut off the leaves that have holes, but you should start dosing nutrients.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.