The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some issues with primarily the leaves of my amazon swords. The holes are the issue. They don't look like they are being eaten to me, but I might be wrong. I do have 2 hillstream loaches, and a bristlenosed pleco in this tank. Seems to be mostly the amazons, but I do have holes in some of my dwarf lily leaves also (see pic). Anybody seen this before and advice on what to do about it?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Addition info...
Lighting is finnex hlc planted+, 9 hrs per day inclusive of the ramp up ramp down functions
Easy green ferts 2x per week, easy green root tabs, 72 gal bow front. Ph 6.8, kh 5

·
Registered
30 Posts
It could be your lighting is on for too long to the fertilzers you put in. either dose more ferts or scale back on the lighting, also do you dose carbon such as easy carbon or seachem excel?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I dunno. The stems in the back look like they're in bad shape as well. If you have CO2 and lighting for 9 hours, I do believe you'll need to up your fertilizing schedule. Use this calculator to figure out what you want/need.
https://rotalabutterfly.com/nutrient-calculator.php

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
where are you located? what is your tap water? soft or hard?

I am here in san diego and I was having the same issue, water is pretty hard with lots of Ca but someone told me to start dosing Mg during water change and I have definitely seen a change in the older leaves/newer leaves having holes in them. I also kept my full EI dosing (less kno3 since heavy fish load).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.