The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from aquariums (fresh, planted, single specimen, specialty, or reef) most of you must have another hobby or two. What else do you guys kick in your free time?

I practice (only practicing right now) old school pinstriping. Rat fink, von dutch, and kafka styles of striping. Im also a huge audiophile, and have been building and designing speakers and subwoofers for a number of years.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Cool! I did some basic pinstriping back in high school for my dad who restores antique cars.

I like to do lampworking in my spare (ha!) time. Lampworking= melting rods of glass on a propane torch to make beads and glass buttons and things.

·
Banned
220 Posts
i four tanks res tank two 7g's and a 20g but i just started this hobby i like to play music in my free time guitar, trumpet, ocarina, im not really i hobbiest guy but i did have that role playing table game phase that lasted like two years it actually was pretty fun but when freshmen year starts you know its time to stop.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I like to do lampworking in my spare (ha!) time. Lampworking= melting rods of glass on a propane torch to make beads and glass buttons and things.
cool!

i play ultimate frisbee and scuba dive/free dive. those are pretty much my main activities. i'm in the water pretty much every day in the summer. i know what i love :hihi:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I paint/draw a good amount...hence I do some free-lance tattoo design for a local studio. I also like to drag race on the weekends, and do car shows in the summer. I have also recently gotten into photography, been trying to learn the ropes for the past year or so.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My hobbies have a way of becoming obsessions, or is it the other way around? The list has included drawing, chess, tropical houseplants, and golf. But hey, now isn't the time to come up for air--I'm only an algae grower!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Tennis is my biggest obsession, even more than aquariums. Then there's also motorcycles. I have an 2003 FZ1 right now, pc games and reading fiction. When I have time left over I do some iphone app development although it's supposed to be the other way around in priorities.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool! I did some basic pinstriping back in high school for my dad who restores antique cars.

Very cool, im in the process (have been for a while, and will be for a long while longer) working on my 66 mercury. I think she'll be leaving soon though, im in the market for a 53 :)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Dogs, I compete in obedience, conformation now. Some pics of my dogs on my Training website www.MyDogTutor.net

Other interests Bowhunting, Shooting handguns rifles, Bonsai.

I was a car guy as a 16 y.o. kid in '74 I had 64 Chevelle, 427, duel carbs, 400 turbo, never got out of primer. I've been wanting to get a RAT ROD and have been looking for the last 6 mos. found a few "maybes". But, time & money aren't right.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
When I got out of the planted tank hobby in early 2009 I was lost. My hobbies that I picked up were longboarding and minibikes and working on them. Thankfully I found my way back to my true love of aquatic plants and the various inhabitants in tanks.
Other short hobbies were bonsai trees, collecting petrified wood, photography (which I still do when I am bored) and coin collecting here and there.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Dogs, well a dog. Max gets a whole lot of fancy grooming even though he is just a spaniel mix, is fed raw and when younger was clicker trained - quite obsessive about all three facets. We compete in agility, this year will mark 10 years just with him.

First obsession was gardening. With the advent of some really horrible weeds I lost my way but have been back in the game this past summer. Veggie, cottage/border/dry/native type stuff mostly in the past. Now it is survival of the fittest!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.