The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 32 Posts

· Registered
4,907 Posts
surface agitation if u read further through here and stay current is positive for planted tanks. oxygen is just as important as c02 for plants the life of fauna and your beneficial bacteria.. its easy to add more c02 and the benefits of good surface agitation are outweighed by the cost of c02

· Registered
4,907 Posts
should..
how is ur circulation? lower circulation increases pearling? while higher circulation dissolves the o2 in the water column more regularly. my plants look like bubble stalks if i turn my koralia off..

ur probably ok with oxygen levels but i play it safe, and there are many here who have been around a while and would totally agree with what im saying. it doesn't mean im right and if you have positive results then, by all means please stick with what u are doing

just don't be afraid of surface agitation. it is beneficial, it does help keep surface film down as well

as for cannister, sunsun makes a great one on ebay for a really good price. i have one myself and think its great. very quiet

· Registered
4,907 Posts
test it urself.
grab one bubble in a reaction chamber and see how long it takes to dissolve

or that not being possible put a fien pore bubble stone at the front glass and point a powerhead at it.. pick a bubble that gets caught and stays in the current see how much smaller it gets over the next 5-10 seconds.. then compare that to c02

· Registered
4,907 Posts
if its working fine and you aren't trying to achieve more silence or various filtration needs then no don't change it..
i changed from a marineland hang on power filter (emperor 280) because i wanted more silence, less noticeable equipment and less media maintenance.. i went to a sunsun cannister..

if ur goals have been reached and its working fine then don't change it for the sake of surface agitation

1 - 9 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.