The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering which works better for a 29 gallon.. I would assume the Aquaclear would do better considering it can work with a tank up to 50 gallons but the Fluval 30 C2 has 5 filtering stages as opposed to the Aquaclear that only has 3. Anyone who's had experience with these filters help evaluate these two?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm wondering which works better for a 29 gallon.. I would assume the Aquaclear would do better considering it can work with a tank up to 50 gallons but the Fluval 30 C2 has 5 filtering stages as opposed to the Aquaclear that only has 3. Anyone who's had experience with these filters help evaluate these two?
+1 for Aquaclear- the c2 looks neat, but the ac will give you more options and more bio capacity. If your doing mostly plants, your not gonna need the carbon in either- IMHO ac are VERY reliable and long lasting. If you DO need to run chemical filtration, the ac has more room for pretty much whatever you want to put in it. I love em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for Aquaclear- the c2 looks neat, but the ac will give you more options and more bio capacity. If your doing mostly plants, your not gonna need the carbon in either- IMHO ac are VERY reliable and long lasting. If you DO need to run chemical filtration, the ac has more room for pretty much whatever you want to put in it. I love em

I’d get the AC 50-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts