The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a HOB filter, that has easy to change media, and that not loud. I was thinking about Penguin BIO-Wheel Power Filters, what do you guys think or know of others that are silent, as this tank going in my bed room.

Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how big is ur tank? is it bigger than 20g? if its smaller try marina slim filters. very easy to change and super quiet. it also has flow control. there is lots of room to add bio media if u dont want the cartriges(what im doing). also its not bulky and doesnt take up lots of space behind the tank.
Thanks for the info, it a 20L

·
Registered
133 Posts
Another very quiet, easy to clean is the Aqueon series? Not as much room for media but it, like the Marina, is self priming - unlike the AC. By the way the Aqueons are about as slim as the marinas.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Penguin bio wheel is loud and splash a lot, Had to get rid of mine. I got an aqua clear. I had to adjust my co2 because the aqua clear doesn't gas off as much co2 as the bio wheel.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.