The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously had my 24"x2" RG reactor driven by my Eheim 2078 canister. I found it very slow at dissolving CO2 so I decided to drive it instead on my parallel flow loop which is driven by an Eheim 1260.

Now I find that the CO2 is being completely blown out of the reactor rather than dissolving.

I've got room to build another larger reactor to lower the water velocity internally at the same flow rate. I'll likely try 3" first if I can find the parts. I could also double it to 4".

Anyone have some experience at these sizes and flow rates?

Jim

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
A bypass with a ball valve gives you much finer tuning of the flow in your reactor, and is Cheap and easy to put together. I would suggest using "Y" fittings rather than "T" fittings.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Jim I'd try the Cerges reaactor or modify the RG to gain some of the Cerges benifits of a center tube with a scubby or sponge half way down so gas just cant wiz by, also go look at the Carbon Doser EXT5000 at AP.com it's like a Cerges on crack but it will give you some good ideas of how to modify, thats what I use on my 150 and I kill fish at 3 bps so it reacts quikly and is very efficieint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.