The Planted Tank Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Update!

A recent thread on camera choices made me realize its been a while since I took some pictures with my real camera. So for no other reason then it's fun to use, here are some pictures of the newts and fish in the tank:

My dominant male celestial pearl danio (hard to photograph!)

My females:

My male:

And a rare picture of all 3 in frame! (if not in focus)

That's all for now.

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
289 Posts
And how much did that one cost...... LoL very nice pics.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
And how much did that one cost...... LoL very nice pics.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk
Heh it's the same camera mentioned in the other thread with a cheapy macro lens. So 2k plus 280. I also touched the photos up in Photoshop for contrast, exposure, etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Damn..alpines. A friend used to crave them but they were very rare to find and expensive where I live.

I used to keep a few snakes. Now I only keep a ball python.

Yes my username is Latin name for this species.
Morelia viridis or Green tree python.
This female has perished leaving his boyfriend alone.
I wasn't too surprised since they were farm-bred...and sometimes wild-caught animals turn into FB during retail.

My one and only. First snake to ever keep. Purchased at 75 grams and now he is at whopping 1 kilo.

Pic is probably few years ago.
Micranthemum carpet with wallichii, macrancra, pinnatifida, echonodorus and crypts on the back
Shows how bad I was at keeping stems lol

Good to see herp guy around here. Wish herpkeeping was more popular.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Damn..alpines. A friend used to crave them but they were very rare to find and expensive where I live.

I used to keep a few snakes. Now I only keep a ball python.

View attachment 1029802
Yes my username is Latin name for this species.
Morelia viridis or Green tree python.
This female has perished leaving his boyfriend alone.
I wasn't too surprised since they were farm-bred...and sometimes wild-caught animals turn into FB during retail.

View attachment 1029803
My one and only. First snake to ever keep. Purchased at 75 grams and now he is at whopping 1 kilo.

Pic is probably few years ago.
Micranthemum carpet with wallichii, macrancra, pinnatifida, echonodorus and crypts on the back
Shows how bad I was at keeping stems lol

Good to see herp guy around here. Wish herpkeeping was more popular.
Thank you!

Alpines are becoming fairly common in the newt keeping hobby in the US. We have a ban on the import of any non native species these past 5 years but they were already here by then and they breed easily (as I can now attest) That said, ya, newt keeping itself is very much a niche within a niche. I also keep dart frogs but that's about as much as I can keep as far as herps are concerned. I briefly considered getting a snake but my mother would never ever come into my house again if I did, and I truly want her to babysit my kids on occasion :p

Nice looking tank! I struggled with stems till I found out I should be cutting the tops off and replanting them and just cutting the bases off at the substrate level. Before that my stems looked like trash ;P

61 - 66 of 66 Posts