The Planted Tank Forum banner

High tech 90L gaming desk tank!

1288 23
started this thread so everyone can follow along with my First planted tank, was gifted a UNS 90L by a friend and now am in the process of building a custom L desk to support the tank and Gaming rig.
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Flooring Plank

desk is nearly complete cabinet will house my filter and C02 with holes drilled through the top for tubing. Just ordered a WRGB 2 for it that I will be attaching through 2 custom rod hangers, Trying to decide between the Oase Thermo 250 or the 350 if anyone has any pointers!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
started this thread so everyone can follow along with my First planted tank, was gifted a UNS 90L by a friend and now am in the process of building a custom L desk to support the tank and Gaming rig. View attachment 1047297

desk is nearly complete cabinet will house my filter and C02 with holes drilled through the top for tubing. Just ordered a WRGB 2 for it that I will be attaching through 2 custom rod hangers, Trying to decide between the Oase Thermo 250 or the 350 if anyone has any pointers!
What a great gift from your friend! I just picked up a Thermo 350 for my 90P so I'm biased and am gonna say go with the 350. You can always turn the flow down. I'm planning on splitting my return line on the 350 and will eventually be replacing 2 smaller canister filters with it. Looking forward to following along with your build.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Table Wood Rectangle Floor Automotive tire

Desk is all finished and tank has arrived, settled on the 350 thermo time to start drilling holes for intake and return. I have been look at what feels like thousands of aquascaping photos to gather inspiration. next week Ill take a trip to my LFS and pick up aquasoil, sand, and hardscape. torn between a dark start or a dry start because I want a solid dwarf hairgrass carpet.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
View attachment 1047596

Desk is all finished and tank has arrived, settled on the 350 thermo time to start drilling holes for intake and return. I have been look at what feels like thousands of aquascaping photos to gather inspiration. next week Ill take a trip to my LFS and pick up aquasoil, sand, and hardscape. torn between a dark start or a dry start because I want a solid dwarf hairgrass carpet.
The only advantage dark start has is if you are a) using aquasoil and b) don't want to do water changes in the first month, it can be useful. If at least one of those things is not true, or if you want to plant right away, or if you just want to be able to look at your new tank filled with water, then dark start is not a good option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be using Amazonia for about 2/3 of the tank and then a 1/3 open sand area

Got all my holes drilled for piping and electrical today and waterproofed the cabinet interior! Hopefully will be putting hard scape and substrate in sometime next week also waiting on the light hanging kit from chihrios
Property Table Interior design Wood Architecture

Building Composite material Gas Urban design Flooring

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alots happened over the last 2 weeks! Desk is inside and the scape is done, for plants I think I’m wanting to do a hair grass carpet with some Christmas moss on the wood and lots of plants growing around the wood
Sky Wood Rectangle Gas Tints and shades

Automotive design Gadget Flooring Electronic device Space

Table Interior design Countertop Computer desk Desk

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Carpeting plants and moss are on the way for the dry start! Starting to get really excited,I went with micro sword and eleochsris mini for the carpet and some Christmas moss for the wood. Plan to have some buce moss and Anubis nana on the wood. Still trying to decide on foreground and mid ground but I have time with the dry start.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The dry start has began Micro sword and dwarf hair grass planted and Java moss seeded on the driftwood, hung the light fixture with galvanized steel pipes

Wood Line Floor Flooring Gas

Water Road surface Asphalt Grass Tints and shades

made sure to leave enough room to plant all my taller plants around the tree, I plan on keeping the area around the drift wood and behind it heavily planted with taller plants and then also planting on the driftwood but want to keep all the area in front of the tree just carpet.

Food Hood Recipe Cooking Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive lighting Lighting Automotive exterior Vehicle door

1 - 20 of 24 Posts