The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of running Co2 in the low presser side of my Eheim 2026 threw a T Splitter to do this I need a T Splitter. I will cut the intake hose insert the T Splitter then attatch the Co2 line. Then the canister can disintagrate the bubbles. The reason is possibly the lowest cost to do it this way. Does anyone have any suggestions. where I can get a splitter that will fit both the hose and the co2 line? All will be considered thoughtful. Thanks

added
I just want to run co2 in one tank threw one canister

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
A splitter like that won't give you the control you need to split the CO2. The CO2 will travel the path of least resistance and you won't get even or controlled flow through either line. You'll need a manifold for this application.

·
Are these real?
15,700 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Nothing is more annoying to the people who try to help on theses forums than people who beg for information handouts with the most vague of explanations. Help please, help now, or any combination is not so helpful. Please try to give a thorough explanation of what you want to do, its not clear.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Ok, according to this post:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/water-parameters/45185-established-cycled-aquarium.html#post401125

You want to run your C02 into the intake of your canister filter without having the C02 tubing in the tank, right?

If so, you are really just making it much more complicated than it needs to be. But I'll offer a suggestion and then try to help you out on the way you want to do it.

Suggestion: just run the tubing into the tank and into the prefilter. Twist tie the tubing to the intake tubing and you're done. No big deal. Twist ties are available in black, brown, green and no doubt--other colors.

Help: www.qcsupply.com probably has everything you will need to piece a tee together. But you are going to have to go from 3/4" or 5/8" for the canister tubing down to 1/8" for the C02 tubing--I doubt You are going to find a tee made like that, so you will have to piece it together. If the tubing on you canister is 1/2" it might make it a little simpler, but not much. Also, if the tubing is 1/2" You can probably find a tee made exactly like you need.

Assume 1/2" tubing:

PVC Tee 1/2" FptxFptxFptm $.095

2x 1/2" adapter 1/2mptx1/2" barb, plus 1x 1/2" mpt x 3/16" barb $0.48 each

If Your tubing is 5/8" then you need 2x 1/2"mpt x 5/8" barb and 1x 1/2"mpt x 3/16" barb.

If your tubing is 3/4" then you will need:

1x 1"slip x 1"slip x 1/2" Fpt tee $0.78

2x 1"slip x 1/2"fpt adapter $0.61 each

2x 1/2" adapter 1/2mptx1/2" barb, plus 1x 1/2" mpt x 3/16" barb $0.48 each

If You cannot piece it together from the links--tell me what size the tubing is ID (inside diameter) and I will check the links and tell you what you need to get. Remember the shipping is probably going to cost as much or more than the parts. You can probably get most of these parts at Your local HD, but I doubt you will be able to get all of them, so You will probably end up having to pay shipping. A local plumbing supply store could probably hook you up on all of the pieces, but I would assume that they would still have to order in at least one piece.

Let me know....

HTH

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Nothing is more annoying to the people who try to help on theses forums than people who beg for information handouts with the most vague of explanations. Help please, help now, or any combination is not so helpful. Please try to give a thorough explanation of what you want to do, its not clear.
I agree. I missed that mind reading course. But that's why the current generation has been dubbed "The Entitlement Generation".

·
Banned
579 Posts
I'm the current generation, and i feel no entitlement. I feel more like the google/wikipedia generation.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'm the current generation, and i feel no entitlement. I feel more like the google/wikipedia generation.
I understand, and that puts You way, way out of the norm. I didn't name this generation--just agree with it from observation and experience.....:thumbsup:

Off-Topic: but what exactly is a "Hydrogeologist"? Sounds kinda Cool......:icon_cool

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
I was thinking of running Co2 in the low presser side of my Eheim 2026 threw a T Splitter to do this I need a T Splitter. I will cut the intake hose insert the T Splitter then attatch the Co2 line. Then the canister can disintagrate the bubbles. The reason is possibly the lowest cost to do it this way. Does anyone have any suggestions. where I can get a splitter that will fit both the hose and the co2 line? All will be considered thoughtful. Thanks

added
I just want to run co2 in one tank threw one canister
I posted a link in this thread.......DC
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/44185-co2-injection-through-filter-question.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts