The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to get my ph lower than 7.6. Could it be my aquasoil has gone bad? I recently had a bad snail infestation so I decided to put my aquasoil in the oven to kill off all the snails. Now my ph stays high all the time. What could be the problem. The other day I did a 60% water change with RODI water and cranked up my co2 to the point where my drop checker is reading yellow yet when I check my ph it still reads in the high 7s. My KH is 0 so there is no buffering. I'm at a loss and dont know what to do at this point.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I cant seem to get my ph lower than 7.6. Could it be my aquasoil has gone bad? I recently had a bad snail infestation so I decided to put my aquasoil in the oven to kill off all the snails. Now my ph stays high all the time. What could be the problem. The other day I did a 60% water change with RODI water and cranked up my co2 to the point where my drop checker is reading yellow yet when I check my ph it still reads in the high 7s. My KH is 0 so there is no buffering. I'm at a loss and dont know what to do at this point.

Any suggestions?
it seems impossible that you have a KH of 0, a pH in the high 7's and a yellow drop checker.

It seems most likely that you are using your KH kit incorrectly, check the directions. Your pH kit may be bad as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it seems impossible that you have a KH of 0, a pH in the high 7's and a yellow drop checker.

It seems most likely that you are using your KH kit incorrectly, check the directions. Your pH kit may be bad as well.

well I did loose the directions for my kh kit but I put 1 drop and the color turned blue I thought this meant I have 0 DKH?

I thought my PH kit was bad as well since it does seem to be impossible to have a yellow drop checker with high PH but I tested my RODI water with the same ph kit and it tested a yellowish color which I belive is about 6.0

my KH is 14. I know this is due to the seiryu stones I am using but with co2 running I was always able to keep the ph around 6.5 until now. Maybe my drop checker is reading incorrectly

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I just found some directions for testing KH online and I was wrong. I thought blue was the color change. Blue is the starting color lol so I guess I need to re test my KH i bet its through the roof!. So how do I lower KH anyways?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.