The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have some interesting Results.... BUT! What do you think about this method? Disaster in the making?

No CO2 or dosing.

I'll chime in here and there and eventually post results.

-Andrew

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
This is just my opinion, but I think the best results come from the light being the limitation on plant growth, not any of the ferts. But, I don't doubt it is possible to do it with high light and no CO2, if you use Excel instead.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have around 3 WPG on my 55g, the reason I did this was my parents where not too keen on the idea of having a high pressure tank of CO2 in my bedroom:sleep: .

The results are OK, I just do water top offs since a big 50% WC will cause damage and a algea attack, I did a larger WC and triggered some algea so I need to rip it out.....

In the future I hope to get a pressurized system for the tank and really get some crazy plant growth.

So for me, yes it can be done. But Algae comes and goes with the tank.... Moss loves the light though!

-Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.