The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at aquarium co-ops recommendations for a lot of different sized tank including my own. They suggested 2 fluval 3.0 plant lights. I have 1 but can’t afford another. But I do have 2 finnex stingray lights on with the fluval light. My question is would it be enough for high light? I kinda struggle with this to be honest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked at aquarium co-ops recommendations for a lot of different sized tank including my own. They suggested 2 fluval 3.0 plant lights. I have 1 but can’t afford another. But I do have 2 finnex stingray lights on with the fluval light. My question is would it be enough for high light? I kinda struggle with this to be honest.
I personally think that would qualify for highlight. The fluval 3.0 fixture is 59 watts and the two finnex stingrays are 27 watts a piece bringing it to 113 watts. Two finnex stingrays would be around equal to 1 fluval 3.0

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
Old or new stingrays?
New models are like 2X the output of the old models.
Stingray II 48" is like $80 and equiv. to about 2 "old" Stingrays..But I just scanned the below vid.
Anyways even 2 old plus Fluval 3.0 should be high light but 2 Stingray II's plus Fluval is DEF. high light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.