The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the planning stages of a high light/high tech 75 gallon tank. I am slowly gathering equipment, so far I have the tank, versatops, 5lb co2 tank and Azoo regulator. I also have a 36" Finnex Ray2 which I am guessing will not be enough light for the 48" long and 21" deep tank. I also have 2 24" Marineland Double Bright LED lights. If I use all three lights on the tank, do you guys think this will be enough light for all the co2 I plan on diffusing? I also like the Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus lights. Would a 48" one of these be sufficient? Would using the LED Plus in addition to my 36" Ray2 be overkill? Thanks and I apologize if this is too vague a request.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I think what you have is an uncertain and inconsistent lighting level, which may provide you poor results. I would sell it all and look into a single BML or at least get 2-48" Finnex fixtures. Using Finnex may or may not get you into high light. For CO2, you should just try to get to the appropriate CO2 concentration.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
personally, I'd do a RayII/Fugeray and a Planted + (pending on how high I wanted my high light to be) if I was doing a 75 high tech on LEDs....but honestly, I think on larger tanks like this I might just prefer doing the standard combination of various t5-ho as you can mix and match bulb colors to get the look you'd like and you get a better spread of light.

If you did the t5-ho thing, I like my catalina a lot, I have the 4 bulb fixture, but if money isn't tight, I'd almost prefer the 6 or more bulb version, just to play around with more colors and get more intense lighting (of course if you did that prepare to run through a good deal of co2).

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
What do you mean by "uncertain and inconsistent"? Thanks.
Your one light is short, leaving less coverage at the ends.. the other 2 end to end will cover the width but spread front to back is questionable.

Substitution of the Marineland w/ a Sat plus doesn't change much.

As much as I'm in favor of mix and match and using what you have.. it is a bit much.. though it is workable..and to be honest.. any of those combos would be hard pressed to get "high" light..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.