The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 150 ihave two large river rock and drift wood from my lfs, but kh is still like 10. I'm trying to problem solve fo some deteriorating plants in my last thread I posted.

So far to fix a higher phosfate lvl , I've done a half water change, increased co2 output and am positioning output flow further torwards the bottom.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i realized the glitch but had to run and couldn't fix it ...sorry bout that. So I belive Kh was 10 and gh was 4. I'm hoping thats was the tests were, guy was talking so fast. I'll try the rocks, just aggravated trying to set the right water perimeters.

And I do thank you all for helping with ideals.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Pretty sure that your gH and kH levels don't have anything at all to do with your melting plants (and I also suspect that you have those figures reversed...)

I'd leave your gH and kH levels completely alone unless your goal is to keep/breed very specialized plants and livestock. The vast majority of plants and animals can adjust to other gH and kH levels just fine, as long as the parameters stay STABLE over time (which is hard to do if you start "tweaking" them).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.