The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just wanna share my fluval ebi for comments and sugguestions. currently i have riccia, narrow leaf java fern, java fern, flame moss, christmas moss, java moss, taiwan moss, and marimo ball. no CO2

shrimps - fire red cherry, crystal red, crystal black, tiger, rili

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not using any ferts at the moment... i really dont know much about plants or planted tanks, I'm more of a shrimp enthusiast that put a lot of plants in his tank heheh.

the narrow leaf java fern have been in the tank for about a week, the regular java fern and all the mosses have been in there for over 2 months, some of the mosses have only been in the tank for a week, some others like the flame moss and taiwan moss (behind the riccia) have been in the tank since late june

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Just making sure, you realize the cherries and rilis will breed, and also the CBS/CRS and tigers will breed as well? The cherries and rilis will just breed half cherry, half rili, but the CRS/CBS and tigers would make what's known as a TiBee or Tigerbee. Some people like the way they look, but just so you know, the offspring may look a little funky.

I love the way the tank looks though, kinda like a flooded forest

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am aware of the crossbreeding, the reason i keep the types of shrimp i have is because i enjoy the way they look, i just want to enjoy the shrimps i like. the crossbreeding doesnt concern me, hoping i get some cool tibees, but if not, i will still love them all the same.

do you know if the fire reds will help intensify the red in the rili offspring?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.