The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI. I am new to this forum...what is a riparium? They look really cool, almost like paludariums, what is the difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
THanks. How do you think plants effect water quality? I have a vivarium that is in need of more planting...I have added a photo below. I am happy with the cindapsus and orchids, the brom in the right corner is ready to be split and will help fill in some gaps, but all in all it is growing nicely...BUT...the front half is bland.

I have moss covering substrate to the mid left and to the right just a stone. The waterfall made from the wood empties in here and drips over the sides so I could not use land areas due to them bogging. These frogs do not swim very well so I have to have places to safely exit...so...after the tanks life story, do you have any suggestions of how I could plant in the water?

I would like plants with a bit of colour and that will not grow to tall. It is an exo 60x60. Any suggestions (with maybe an idea of how to do it and where to get them) would be great. I have never ever attempted to plant in water before so this is all new to me. THanks in advance! :bounce:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs075.snc3/14246_212373299041_677044041

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.