The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Recently moved from NY to Las Vegas and i'm really missing the greenery (totally unexpected). I really have no clue what I'm doing but understand that the hobby will require many hours of dedication and probably put a dent in my pocket. I'm slowing piecing everything together, planning to start with DSM Cuba and Dwarf Hairgrass, which will give me some time to pick up the CO2 system, filter, and rest of the ferts etc. etc. (??)

I'm hoping that I've built a solid foundation to build on:

Aquamaxx 32 gal
ADU Dragonstone
ADA Powersand Special
ADA Amazonia
Finnex Planted+ 24/7

I'll be lurking a bit in all areas of the forum, trying my best to get up to speed (and not look like an idiot). Let me know what you think. (No clue how to rotate that photo)

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
dont stress about looking or asking dumb questions around here..Everyone is more then willing to help!! but like GMY said you came to the right place!! just expect for a lot of trial and error read/research and have fun with it!! and putting a dent in your pocket is an understatement hahah more like a nice size hole because your going to want more/bigger just every thing haha!! I mean I started put with a 29g went to a 40g and I cant wait to move to a house and have them set up with a larger 100g or so!! any ways welcome have fun with it and show updates !! we all love seeing each others work and grab ideas for our own tanks!!

to your tank i like the look your ideas are already looking great!! might I suggest looking in the for sale section of this forum some oen at the moment is selling off canister filters heaters and a lots of other things that look brand new which would be a great deal if you got the cash!!!

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/153-sale-trade/1048593-selling-all-my-stuff.html

·
Banned
628 Posts
That looks like a good start. Have you done this before? I like how your investing in quality equipment. DIY CO2 would be more work. Wish I had the space to start something like this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@Patf - Thanks for the welcome and the f/s link. The price on the CO2 regulator seems like it's half off the MSRP! Anyone think this a deal that can't be passed up (GLA GRO-1 CO2 Regulator (only used ~2 mos) - $150)?

@savethe - I had a aquarium set from petland when I was younger, nothing like this. Hope that taking the initial hit on equipment will help in the long run.

I guess i'll add rundown of hardware I plan on purchasing (while the plants are taking root with DSM) based on a few threads I've read:
CO2 system w/ inline diffuser (haven't researched on brands yet)
Hydor Inline Heater
Eheim 2215

going for broke! hoping for a carpet to grow!

thanks all for the warm welcome! I plan on posting photos as I add pieces to the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.