The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new here, and new to the planted aquarium world. ive been keeping nano reef tanks for years, but finally wanted to try my hand at a small easy first time planted tank, and maybe have a few shrimp.

ive read over a bunch of stuff and was just curious, id like a carpet type plant, and was wondering for recommendations? and also where i can get some?:red_mouth

·
Registered
880 Posts
Welcome!

For a carpet plant, it depends on your lighting, nutrients and co2... for low light I'd go with a moss carpet, for medium I'd go with dwarf hairgrass, and high light you could do anything like dwarf baby tears (hc), glossostigma elatanoides, Utricularia graminifolia, cryptocoryne parva, etc.

Good luck with the planted tank! Shrimp are a trickly slope... I started with red cherry shrimp and now I have too many to count of too many different species. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)

Thanks for the welcome and reply :) hmmm, well I'll be dosing co2 and I haven't decided on my light yet :/ I really like baby tears and all those types of carpet plants, but maybe I should stick to moss for now?

Are you selling any of your shrimp?

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you're doing co2 and invest in a good light and some ferts you could do a hc carpet (baby tears). Moss would be by far the easier choice though.

Peacock moss, fissidens, etc. all look really good in co2/med or high light.

I do actually have some red cherries/bumble bee shrimp (caridina breviata) that I want to get rid of, pm me if you're interested. I'm not selling any Crystal red/black shrimp at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts