The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 gallon with big guppy flock
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to build a small shrimp tank. Should I get a lot of driftwood for it?

·
Registered
No longer a newbie.
184 Posts
Cholla wood, catappa leaves, tons of moss, maybe some buce or anubias. Glass feeding dish to keep things clean. Definitely a sponge filter with fine pores or a regular HOB filter with a fine pored sponge fitted over the intake. Pretty simple!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have no filter, only anacharis, a moss ball, a stick from my yard (a small one, otherwise it rots & stinks) & a small anubia , substrate is Fluorite red with a dash of aragonite sprinkled in (a SMALL amount or you'll have way too much calcium) I used to have some serious light on it, but now I only have it by a window. ) I live in an area with hard water, around 8 ph, gh around 75. 2.5 gallon i love this tank

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
@pikabuss that will depend on how you want your tank set up. You don't need driftwood, but you can use driftwood in your tank.

@Sand if your GH is at 75, that's actually "soft" water. That's 4 GH and is not suitable for Neos - generally speaking. (there are exceptions!) High pH doesn't necessarily mean hard water... just as low pH doesn't necessarily mean soft water. There's more to it than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts