The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently just set this up and think it came out really cool! What do you guys think? suggestions on what fish/ inverts to stock?
I'm not done yet, I may add a sump or custom rig a canister filter with 4 inlets and outlets. I need a way to heat these too.... Here are stats on each tank:

Tank 1: custom mini sponge filter, amethyst crystals, anubias petite, cabomba furcata. Dosing phertz, excel and flourish.

Thank 2:Mini sponge filter, driftwood with slate foreground and rock background. Java fern, anubias petite, blyxa japonica. Dosing phertz,flourish, and excel

tank 3: this tank has a dirt bottom(mgopm) capped with sand. I'm dosing phertz, flourish and using a hagen mini elite with DIY co2 pumped in plus exel for good measure. High tech tank to pamper the staurogyne repens tropica that is dying in my 90g.

Tank 4: custom sponge filter no dosing at all, mgopm bottom, black sand cap, crystal and lava rock. Ludwiga aromatic....sp? This ones not really done yet.

Update, tanks as of 1/20

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
yes i like tank 3 the best.
for tank 2, do you have any substrate for those blyxa? assuming thats what they are. every other plant is fine w/o substrate but i think blyxa might want some.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i like tank 3 the best.
for tank 2, do you have any substrate for those blyxa? assuming thats what they are. every other plant is fine w/o substrate but i think blyxa might want some.
Nope no substrate. I've been growing them like that upstairs in my 90g and they do ok. I can't get blyxa to stay rooted no matter what I do anyway.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ohhhh these are awesome! I love tank 2, but the rest of them are also great. I wish I had the room for this! I'd have a different color community of shrimp in every one :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thanks! Yes I am probably going to make at least 2 of these into shrimp tanks.
Rainbows of shrimp!! Lol... Damn gave myself an idea Hahaha I can't want to see how these progress.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
It would be intense if you found rock or driftwood that 'carried' through each tank. Or if you could create some type of river that links all four. Thatd be amazing :)

From MABJ's iPhone
2G Fluval Spec ~ fauna and flora in the works!

1 - 20 of 107 Posts