The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a huge fan of the show Heroes on NBC. Anyone else like this show ?
The break until January 22nd is killing me...we were left hanging big time !
It's neat they have graphic novels online that add to the storyline of the show.

Josh

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I usually don't like shows with a magical or supernatural premise with our current day as it's setting, so half way through the first season I avoided watching it. finally I saw some of one episode cause nothing else was on, and the story telling quality really was intriguing. I caught up with all the episodes I missed, and look forward to whatever is coming up. So far my favorite new show from last season is Jericho, also on NBC, especially because of it's realism in a current day setting. Jericho seems a bit like LOST, which I do not watch regularly. Shark on CBS is a pretty good new comer if you are into Cop/Lawyer shows and are getting tired of the Law&Order/CSI format. The show I'm most looking forward to is Prison Break on FOX, that show is really gritty with excellent acting, character development, and story telling.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of Prison Break was filmed at the Joliet Correctional Facility in my town.

I'm a fan of Lost too, but this 3rd season is lacking IMO.

My father has HBO and introduced me to Deadwood and Carnivale. Both are now cancelled, but both were fantastic. Although the langue in Deadwood is a bit over the top.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
It's a cool show. My wife and I watch it. We have DVR and usually just tape and watch it later. For some reason, I always hesitate to watch it, but generally am glad once I actually do. Good show. That Japanese guy(Hiro *something*) who has the time bending power was listed on a Top new tv actors list recently. Good for him. :)

-Ryan

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
That Japanese guy(Hiro *something*) who has the time bending power was listed on a Top new tv actors list recently.
his truth is stranger than fiction. he was on a talk show recently. in real life he has an IQ in the 170's, is a top computer programmer of visual special effects (requires a mastery of physics, higher math, and computer programming) for Industrial Light & Magic, director George Lucas's company. on the set he translates all the English scripts to Japanese where required, and consults with the production designers on modern Japanese culture.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
We don't watch TV. But from what Spypet says it sounds like something we would be quite interested in watching. Thank you Spypet.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I watched the pilot on a whim and now my whole family has gotten into the show. Of course it helps that my 12 yo daughter has a crush on the 'Peter' character (who was also a regular on Gilmore Girls). :)

And it still surprises me that lately the first response to these types of threads is always contrary to the original poster's opinion. Obviously the poster is wanting to discuss a subject that he/she enjoys. Why take the veiled potshots? Has this forum truely sunk to the point where members go out of there way to demonstrate their superiority by throwing a wrench into other's threads? :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.