The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... so my GreenWater is clearing up and im sitting next to the tank looking for my shrimp... and all of a sudden a snake/worm/eel about 3/4" long 1/64" thick pure white goes squiggling by... then 2 seconds later... another one 1/2 the size...

After 15 more mins i did not see another one..

What are they?

known living things in the tank:
Fish
Shrimp
Crays
Plants
Snails
Bacteria

·
Registered
974 Posts
hah! that's a cool video.
My guess is a nematode of some sort. Typically harmless for your livestock, but don't quote me on that.....

·
Registered
845 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Hahha, scared the crap outta me while I was trying to catch it. Suckers are FAST! It's the 4th time I tried. It usually stays in the substrate. Only rarely does it swim in the tank. 4th attempt...and it's taken 6 weeks for me to find him/her/it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If it is white, and swims in a "snakey S shape", then I would say nematodes...I had several in my tank...they would gather on the glass just above the water line...I took several pictures, but have yet to post them. Some of mine had a slight red/pink/orange color to them. Guppy fry like to eat them...not so many anymore.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had similar "worms" swimming around my tank once. Cardinal tetras will actually chase them down and eat them. I also treated my tank with something called "Aquarisol" which is a mild Parasite/Ich treatment. I havent seen one in my tank in almost a year now so I dont know if they died off from the treatment or they were just eaten. In any case, they're gone :)

Aquarisol is not safe for shrimp though.

·
Registered
845 Posts
If I find another one, wanna come up and catch it for me? :biggrin: Hehhehehe! :icon_lol:
Sureeeeeeee....if everyone is doing IT! LOL hahaha :tongue: (Have you seen that drug commercial on tv? LOL I guess they had to get 'real' with today's youth. The ole egg 'n frying pan doesn't work anymore. HA! HA!) :hihi:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.