The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried putting ada substrate into their canister filter? This way you'll waste less substrate & have the same good buffering, breeding & survival rate effect!? Does anyone one know if shrimps (like CRS) eat off the soil? we can help a lot of hobbyist if someone wants to try this experiment out.

·
Registered
602 Posts
ADA will likely dissolve when subjected that amount of pressure and rate of flow. You'll get a canister of mud and a broken or jammed impeller

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Has anyone tried putting ada substrate into their canister filter? This way you'll waste less substrate & have the same good buffering, breeding & survival rate effect!? Does anyone one know if shrimps (like CRS) eat off the soil? we can help a lot of hobbyist if someone wants to try this experiment out.
I believe shrimpnmoss did that....I think that's the guy......I think the buffering capacity was lost too quickly just too much flow through and wore the buffering capacity down. He used a inline prefilter canister.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe shrimpnmoss did that....I think that's the guy......I think the buffering capacity was lost too quickly just too much flow through and wore the buffering capacity down. He used a inline prefilter canister.
oh well, thought it was a good idea:)

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
If the purpose is to lower pH only, I believe the BW Humic is known for that and people have add that to their canister filters. Heard its also good for plants too so definitely a double win there ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts