The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GF has been jealous of my planted tanks for quite some time now, and always wanted one, but was intimidated to start one herself. So for christmas I got her a sleak looking fluval ebi (she had a similar idea and bought me one too, haha) and some extra stuff to help get her started.

I thought I would share her progress, as i'm impressed with how things are coming along.

Stuff:

Aquarium - 8 Gallon Fluval Ebi

Substrate - Flourite black - Fluval Shrimp Stratum

Filtration - Fluval nano internal filter

Lighting - Fluval 13W CFL

Liquid C02 and ferts

Heating - marineland(75F)

Stock:

1x Halfmoon Plakat Betta

1x Ramshorn snail

Soon to be added...

Otto cats

School of Sparrow Rasboras

Bamboo Shrimp, or something along those lines.

Plants:

Anubias Nana

Java fern

Java moss

Limnophila Sessiliflora

Rotala Indica

It's great to see her excited, and enjoying the hobby so far. Excited to see what comes from all of this...i'll be sure to keep this thread updated as it progresses.

W

·
Registered
762 Posts
Very nice looking for a beginner. Just as good as any of the experienced people's tanks imo...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the same luck my friend! My girlfriend is into fish tanks too! She's the one who actually got me into the hobby. She isn't into the planted tanks, but she has a nice 55 gallon cichlid tank and a 20 gallon community tank. Anyways very nice gift!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same luck my friend! My girlfriend is into fish tanks too! She's the one who actually got me into the hobby. She isn't into the planted tanks, but she has a nice 55 gallon cichlid tank and a 20 gallon community tank. Anyways very nice gift!
haha, it's nice isn't it...She seems to be a nano tank fan, and definitely loves the gift.....pheww :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure you will do what you want, but Bamboo shrimp are filter feeders and prefer there to be solid flow with food in the water column. I wouldn't recommend them for small tanks.
I've had them before, they usually just camp out front of the filter inlet and sift through it all. Anyways...it comes down to mostly what is available at our LFS.

W

·
Registered
902 Posts
Haha my girlfriend will stare at my tank and look for anything like scuds or worms and say u gotta clean them their taking over... Or eww u have snails. Lmao. Lucky guy!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is an updated picture!

Current stock:
-Super Red Plakat
-5 dwarf pencil fish...(We love these little guys!)
-4 chilli Rasboras (She's getting more)
-1 oto cat

Plants and fish are very happy! All amazing eaters, and she is having a lot of fun with it all.

W

1 - 19 of 19 Posts