The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yesterday I went to the LFS and got a start-up aquarium (10 gallons) in a box ... everything looks good, except for the lights! I can't even figure out what wattage or anything they are. This is the information I have:

the box says it has an "incandescent" hood and on the box for the lightbulbs it says SLi - Lighting 15T10/CL-120V does anyone know what that means?

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
That means it comes with bulbs that are great as heaters, but not so good for growing plants. The good news is that you can replace them fairly easily with compact fluorescent bulbs. Your LFS might have them, Walmart used to sell them very cheap in their Pet section, 10W U-shaped daylight CF bulbs.

·
Registered
336 Posts
so yesterday I went to the LFS and got a start-up aquarium (10 gallons) in a box ... everything looks good, except for the lights! I can't even figure out what wattage or anything they are. This is the information I have:

the box says it has an "incandescent" hood and on the box for the lightbulbs it says SLi - Lighting 15T10/CL-120V does anyone know what that means?
Bulb is a cheap 15 watt clear tubular incandescent (normally HOT) light bulb.

+1 for replacing it with a compact fluorescent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.