The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone I am new here and I have had planted tanks for several years now. I curretly have a 40 gal heavily planted that I moved from my old house to my new apartment... I have good substrate in the bottom and I do use flourish and occasionally potassium... I haven't done anything differently, and it's possible that it gets slightly more light, but my plants are now disintegrating!!!!!! Help please!!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
CARI

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
calm down! freaking out isnt going to make anything better. Just give us some more information...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:icon_bigg Ok, lets see... I have about an inch and a half or so of eco complete in the bottom, with about 1/2" of sand on top... PH has been between 7.8 and 8.0. Water temps and everything else is the same. I have mostly swords, java ferns, and a few packages of those dry bulbs from petco that grew up into really nice plants. I also have a petite nana which is my favorite... But pretty much all of my plants are disintegrating... the swords are the worse... I didn't move that far just a few miles, so I wouldn't think there would be too much of a difference in water. I do know we have very hard water "liquid rock"- well at least I'm pretty sure we do. But I did at the old house too...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the "master test kit" by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. I don't use Co2, although I want to start... they sell kits at Petsmart for 9 bucks now... But I think I have too much surface agitation... not sure. And as for lighting, I have two of those 26w curly compact fluorescent bulbs you get from Walmart. :confused: (I am trying to talk my boyfriend into trading though; he has the real 'compact fluorescent' bulbs, the long skinny kind.) But my tank is next to a window, and it's the same set-up that I had at my old house... And the other thing too is that I didn't 'dig-up' the plants, I just lowered the water in my tank then moved it and filled it back up....

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA, Cari

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would go with the plants getting dried out in the move. I would let everything just take its course they will grow back. I would definitely get some co2 in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.