The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is something weird going on. Anyone that has ever use algae destroyer in a planted tank will understand this.
I changed my out flow hose but the only hose I could find that fit was heater hose. This should be fine but who knows. After I changed the hose I noticed all those little white squiggly worms started floating around like when you use Algae destroyer. (I learned not to use that a long time ago) Also one of my otos died and one of my shrimp too. then I noticed one of my apistos at the surface and then my discus at the surface. I did a huge water change and still they are all breathing heavy. and one of my discus is resting on a plant.
Nitrites and ammonia are 0 ph is reading low 6.0 thats the lowest it reads.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
If the only change was the heater hose--then its the heater hose. Its leeching something would be my guess. The white worms were already there and are now are looking for a way out!

I've been using this stuff from USPlastics for over 6months now and have not had any problems from it:

General Purpose Air and Water Hose

Looks just like heater hose---but its not. Good stuff too.

HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.