The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Im new to keeping fish and ive just got my tank set up! its been set up for around 2ish days now and the water has already gone cloudy!

I dont have any fish in there at the moment, only a few moss balls and some plants my dad got from pets at home, ill try to find the name but i cant remember it,

What do i do?

tanks gone cloudy- Has only been set up 2ish days- only has a few plants+moss balls in it- im new too keeping fish so a little stunned and worried!

Do I get a few fish to help the nitrogen cycle? (only a few like 1-2)

Ive also done a water test!

Results:

CL2: ok
PH:Ok
KH: 20d
GH: ok
N02: ok
NO3: Okish? may need water change,

Thank you guys!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
First of all this not abnormal. Cloudy water is either substrate/fines all stirred up and will settle out and go away after a few water changes or its a bacterial bloom which will also go away essentially on its own after a few weeks.

Either way you should look up videos on youtube for "how to cycle a freshwater aquarium". This will give you detailed instructions on how to get er done. Good luck!

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
269 Posts
For all the water properties, if you could give the actual numbers that would help. And cloudy water is probably a bacteria bloom, as you are probably not doing water changes on an empty tank.lol it will go away when the tank finishes cycling as ( I think) right now there is no nitrogen cycle.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts