The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new ballast and need to wire it up but to be honest I aint got a clue and dont want to risk getting it wrong.

Anybody able to assist?

It's a double 55W CF ballast and 4 pin 2G11 fitting

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
35 Posts
There you go. It is the third picture.

First bulb: pins 1 and 2 go to the one lead
pin 3 goes to the second

Second bulb: pins 6 and 7 to the one lead
pin 5 to another.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
The first picture at the top shows the line connections. this is where you will connect 220v ac current. The triangle looking mark is for the ground connection. The squigley lines indicate alternating current, that's where you'll connect the 2 hot wires.

Going down to the last picture: There is a diagram of how the wires are to be connected to the end caps. You can see from the diagram that #4 on the ballast is not being used. #s 1,2,3 get connected to the first bulb, then theres a loop from the first bulb to the second bulb, and #s 5,6,7 get connected to the second bulb. If you are connecting straight pin (as opposed to square pin) bulbs, if you plug the bulb into the endcap right in front of you, the diagram should be fairly straight forward to follow.

Marcel

·
Registered
125 Posts
ok I may be wrong but whats the deal with 3 and 5 being connected to the 2 bulbs. they seem to jump the bulbs together( if thats right) Im not an electrician so its a foregn lanuage to me but I do understand a little.
Shane

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, 3 and 5 will jumper the two bulbs. Don't do it any other way than what's pictured in the diagram! You could start a fire. If you are still unclear I suggest getting assistance. Perhaps you know someone with more experience, or you can try your local fish store.

best of luck,
Isaac

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it sorted and working a treat. Thanks for the advice and yeah you have to jumper the 2 bulbs together

1 - 6 of 6 Posts