The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am currently running a hagen glo t5 HO double bulb fixture on my 30 gallon 3 foot tank and i am running 2 life glo bulbs in it.

plants all seem fine, and are doing good.

the fish on the other hand, the life glo bulbs are washing out the colors of my fish.

what i need help with is another bulb to run along with the life glo bulb that is t5 HO to help with the color of the fish without the plants suffering.

thanks a bunch!
belle

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also have a 36" coralife auqalight with 2x96 watt 6700k bulbs if that would work.

i am not sure if that would be too many watts on my tank or not. i can run it with only one bulb also, which is a single 96 watt CF bulb, if need be.

i have baby tears in there so i am trying to get a good lighting setup to get them to grow low and carpet like.

thanks a bunch!!
belle

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks jeff. that combo is what i have been hearing alot about.

i placed an order with the company you linked, and not bad prices even with shipping is less than i paid for the 2 life glo bulbs.

thanks a bunch:proud: and once the bulbs get here i will show a before and after pic of the tank.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys! i have already ordered the bulbs, thanks fish dork. i will bookmark aquacave for the future.

i will eventually give the power glo a try with the life glo when i have to replace bulbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts