The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
If you want to have a second tube adapter for the same metering valve, not only will you need the ferrules buy also a nut. Once you screw down the nut, it makes the ferrules bite onto the tube and makes a permanent connection. I would just bring the metering valve in with you and have them set you up. That way they will make sure you get what you need. If not, just tell them you need a set of front and back 1/8" tube brass ferrules and a 1/8" tube nut.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool..I was planning on taking the valve with me. Didn't even think about the nut, makes sense. Thanks again for your help and information. Just a bit paranoid since the part looks so delicate, looks as if it could bend or snap easily.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I contacted swagelok via email on Monday regarding a fitting I was looking for to use with my Hoke metering valve. Interesting enough the tech that answered back stated not to mix swagelok with gyrolok. It's most likely a marketing technique.

He did not answer my question at all.

This is what I was trying to do with the vale:

The elbow fitting is not the correct part I want. It was used just as a visual.

Perhaps you guys can help in giving me a part number.

Cristian

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
B-2-TA-7-2 Female Tube Adapter, 1/8 in. Tube OD x 1/8 in. Female NPT
B-400-1-2 Tube Fitting, Male Connector, 1/4 in. Tube OD x 1/8 in. Male NPT

That sound about like what you were looking for?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Something like this will work. I haven't had time to check out Swagelok catalog yet. Checked fleabay but didn't see any.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went to Swagelok today expecting to see a store with fitting everywhere all shiny and new..I walk into a small room with a register where you ring a bell and a dude came out to see what you want. So disappointed.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I went to Swagelok today expecting to see a store with fitting everywhere all shiny and new..I walk into a small room with a register where you ring a bell and a dude came out to see what you want. So disappointed.

Lol exactly my experience. Rang a bell then a dude came out..... Sighs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.