The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 29 gallon tank. I plan to stock with mostly tetra's

Right now i have:
4 Red Eye Tetras
3 Flame Tetras
8 Neon Tetras
1 Amano Shrip


I plan to get a few more algae eaters, probably a shrimp or two, and an otto (or two). That would bring me up to 18-20 fish/shrimp.

I want some more neon tetra's for sure. I've been told 24-26 fish would be about good for the fish i have. However, others have told me i can go more with the neon tetras.

How does a Algae eating shrimp shrimp/catfish contribute to the bioload compared to a "normal" fish around the same size?

So, i know this is general but i'm looking more for an estimate as I'll be about done with my next stocking according to some people, with others, i have more room.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i actually have no algae problems at all, I just have read more than a few times to get the clean up crew going before you have problems, not when you start to so i'm going off that advice.

Snails kind of scare me right now with reproduction. I'll research that particular type though.

I just like ottos, they just seem to give some good, constant activity to the tank at the bottom. So i want one or two for more than just algae, kill two birds with one stone.

I may give away my red eye tetras as well. They are very boring and just chill 80% of the time. The other 20%, they are really aggressive (for my tastes). I love my flame tetra's, even though they aren't the prettiest fish IMO, but play most of the time.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top