The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an acrylic 26 gal (36x12x16) and I'm wondering about the amount of fish I could put in it. I'm considering the following:

2 German Blue Rams
6+ Panda Cory Doras
a few guppies/endlers
maybe Cardinal/Neon Tetras
maybe some shrimp

Numbers are not exact, however I really want to have as many GBRs as I can, and a school of corys.

Side note: I've never had GBRs or any cichlids, any advice and all recommendations are welcome. :proud:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Personally, i would keep it to 4 GBRs as they are very territorial and can get aggressive with each other. I would probably advise trying to get 2 males and 2 females. I would get a solid bunch of about 4-5 guppies, 6 Panda corys, and as many shrimp as you want. I would do either the guppies or the tetras, but doing both seems like a little much.

I personally have a GBR and i have had no problems keeping it except that he is picky and doesnt like to eat flake food, but he sure loves brine shrimp. He is very peaceful with my mollies. A great fish and i cant wait to get a female to join him

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
If you want shrimp, Amano shrimp should be fine. They can hold their own with some fish that would eat smaller fish. I used to have a trio with a breeding pair of kribensis until the male went into muderer mode and killed one of them as well as his mate. Just get some larger amano shrimp, they can be pretty boisterous, and should be fine with rams.

·
Banned
220 Posts
yeah that sounds like agood amount of fish but like others said rams can be annoying, also amano shrimp are great but bamboo shrimp are aslo great, also guppies can be annoying if they breed too much but sometimes amanos will eat the dead fry which is a plus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.