The Planted Tank Forum banner

Help with Stocking 20 Gallon

633 2
I’m not new to planted tanks and invertebrates, but I am new to fish. I want to set up a community tank in a new 20 gallon long tank that I just got and I have a good rather basic idea of what I would like to do. I’ve been very successful with red cherry shrimp and crystal shrimp so I don’t think fish will be that much different. It will be a planted tank though I haven’t picked out which plants I’m going to use yet because I want to get the fish sorted out first and go from there. As for the fish, I was thinking 3-4 kuhli loaches, 1 honey gourami, 1-2 blue mystery or nerite snail, 6-8 cardinal or neon tetras, and maybe some cherry shrimp since I have so many already. I’ve done a lot of reading about these fish and the only thing I’ve read that might not work is the cherry shrimp so I don’t think I’ll add them unless I get some good feedback. Let me know what you think or if I should add more or less or what. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
I’m not new to planted tanks and invertebrates, but I am new to fish. I want to set up a community tank in a new 20 gallon long tank that I just got and I have a good rather basic idea of what I would like to do. I’ve been very successful with red cherry shrimp and crystal shrimp so I don’t think fish will be that much different. It will be a planted tank though I haven’t picked out which plants I’m going to use yet because I want to get the fish sorted out first and go from there. As for the fish, I was thinking 3-4 kuhli loaches, 1 honey gourami, 1-2 blue mystery or nerite snail, 6-8 cardinal or neon tetras, and maybe some cherry shrimp since I have so many already. I’ve done a lot of reading about these fish and the only thing I’ve read that might not work is the cherry shrimp so I don’t think I’ll add them unless I get some good feedback. Let me know what you think or if I should add more or less or what. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
Shrimps would be eaten by kuhli loaches and gourami

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.